Who can resist the savory taste of oyster mushrooms? This recipe takes only minutes to make and can be served over noodles, rice or steamed Asian dumplings.
It makes about 2 servings.
- 1/2 cup slivered parsnip root
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil
- 1 cup cubed firm tofu
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh oyster mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped dandelion greens
- 1/2 cup chopped celery stalks and greens
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup water
- Marinade the tofu in the teriyaki sauce and set it aside.
- Warm the oil in the skillet or wok at medium heat.
- Stir in the parnips and onions.
- When the onions are just browning, add all remaining ingrediants except for dandelion greens and sesame seeds.
- Once the mixture is thoroughly heated, stir in the greens and sesame seeds.
- Once the greens have wilted, remove the skillet from the stove and serve your dish hot over rice, noodles or stuffed pasta.
Storage and Use
All stir fried vegetables are best eaten fresh from the stove. Leftovers may be stored in a covered container up to one week in the refrigerator to reheat later.