by Sue’s Beloved Aunt Patty
This is the tastiest and easiest pie crust recipe I have ever used. I got the recipe from my mom who credited it to her sister, Patty as its creator. I have been using this recipe for pies since 1982 and it has never failed me. Thanks Aunt Patty!
It makes 2 crusts.
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shortening or butter
- liquid measuring cup
- rolling pin
- 2 pie tins
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix in water.
- Add shortening/butter and mix until the dough is kneadable.
- Dust hands with flour.
- Separate the dough into 2 balls of equal size and roll each flat.
- Line 2 pie tins with the dough, pour in your favorite pie filling recipe and cook. Yum!
Storage and Use
Pie crust may be frozen for several months once it has been molded into the pie tin.