You can use Minty Strawberry Leaf Mouthwash as a breath freshening spray or as a mouth wash for after brushing your teeth. You can substitute one ounce of glycerite, such as Spearmint or Lemon Balm glycerite, for the glycerine in this recipe.
- 2 ounces Spearmint Tincture
- 2 ounces Sage tincture
- 1 ounce Calendula tincture
- 1 ounce Strawberry leaf tincture
- 1 ounce glycerine
- measuring cup
- mixing spoon
- 6-ounce or larger resealable glass jar
- small glass jar with a spray-top (optional, for use if you desire a breath freshener)
- Measure the ingredients into a measuring cup.
- Mix them well.
- Pour your mixture into a small spritzer jar if you want to use some as a breath freshener spray. (optional)
- Pour the mixture into a resealable jar and label it for storage.
Storage and Use
Keep your Minty Strawberry Leaf Mouth wash sealed and away from sunlight until you are ready to use it. It will store well at room temperature for six months or more.
To use Minty Strawberry Leaf Mouth Wash, add approximately 1/2 teaspoon to two tablespoons of water. Swish the mixture in your mouth as you would a store-bought mouth wash, for about two minutes or so, then spit it out.
You can increase the healing nature of this mouthwash by consuming it. If you choose to do so, add 1/2 teaspoon of Minty Strawberry Leaf Mouth Wash to 6 to 8 ounces of water. Swish each mouth full thoroughly before swallowing.
To use Minty Strawberry Leaf Mouth Wash as a breath freshener, spritz one or two sprays into your mouth as you would a store-bought breath freshener.
For More Information on Strawberry
For more recipes and information on Strawberry including:
- Updated text
- Standard and Advanced Medicinal Processing
- Conditions best helped by Strawberry
- Gardening and Gathering tips
- Household uses
- Animal Husbandry tips
- Quick Facts Page
Buy Strawberry: A Wealth of Healing in One Sweet Tasty Package on Amazon, volume 1 of our The Practical Herbalist’s Herbal Folio series.