Herbal steams are an easy way to unblock sinuses and open pores. If you’re interested in other Herbal Steam/Facial Spa recipes, see The Practical Herbalist Remedies section.This is when organic ingredients are truly best. Pesticides reside on the surface of plants which would transfer to the steam, so avoid non-organic herbs all around and especially if you’re immune system is compromised by illness, stress, or allergies.
To view the procedure for doing an herbal steam, see The Practical Herbalist’s Herbal How-To section.
For more information on how to ease sinus conditions holistically, see The Practical Herbalist’s Herbal Treatment for Sinus Infections.
- 3 cups dried yarrow
- 2 cups dried eucalyptus leaf
- 1 cup dried rosemary
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 spoon
- a sealable 2 quart container
- a label
- Pour the herbs into the mixing bowl and gently stir with a spoon. Try not to break up the plant parts since this will release the essential oils.
- Pour the mix into a resealable container.
- Label the container with the name of the mix, ingredients and date mixed.
Storage and Use
Store your Herbal Sinus Steam Mix in a cool dark place. If fresh ingredients are used, the mixture must be used immediately to prevent spoilage.