For those who want to quit smoking tobacco, or those who are looking for a non-nicotine alternative to tobacco, this herbal smoking blend offers a heart and lung-healthy alternative. This blend can be hand-rolled into cigarettes, but my favorite way to smoke it is in a pipe I’ve dedicated to smoking herbal blends. The residual tobacco flavor in my tobacco pipes cloud the light and delicate nature of my herbal smoking blends.
- Hawthorn leaves, 1 part
- Mullein leaves, 1 part
- Coltsfoot leaves, 1 part
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 spoon
- a resealable container or bag large enough to hold all your herbs
- a label
- Pour the herbs into the mixing bowl and gently stir them with a spoon. Try not to break up the plant parts since this will release the essential oils.
- Pour the mix into a resealable container.
- Label the container with the name of the mix, ingredients and date mixed.
Storage and Use
Herbal Smoking Blend should be stored in an air-tight container or bag away from sunlight. Use it as you would a tobacco, either packing your pipe well before lighting and smoking it or rolling it tightly in cigarette paper.
Other herbs you can try adding to this blend include:
- Mugwort (use this sparingly, though)