Dream Pillows have many different forms. Some are fancy affairs with ribbons and exotic fabric. Some are designed to wrap around your neck after warming in the microwave. Some are simply stuffed rectangles you lay over your eyes. They all are sewn with relaxation in mind. This mix is flexible enough to tie into a handkerchief to be tossed onto the dashboard of a car to share its scent during the stress of rush hour or mixed with flax or rice to give it weight when stitched into silk.
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 mixing spoon
- 1 resealable container
- 1 label
- 1 cup dried lavender buds
- 1 cup loosely packed dried hops strobiles
- 1/2 cup dried chamomile flowers
- 1/2 cup dried rose petals or rose buds
- Blend all your herbs except the hops into the mixing bowl.
- Tear the hops strobiles into petals and stir them gently and thoroughly into the herb mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a resealable jar and label it for storage.
Storage and Use
Keep your dream pillow mix away from sunlight until you are ready to use it.
If you want to use the mix for a microwavable pillow, add 1 cup of rice or flax seed to every 1/2 of mix.
Some people have allergies to any of the ingredients listed below. Refine the recipe for these situations by using the substitutes listed below:
- cedar chips
- dried lemon balm leaves
- dried mugwort leaves
- dried lemon verbena leaves