When my little one was really small, he got canker sores. I get them occasionally, usually when I’m stressed. The virus that causes these sores takes advantage of my suppressed immune system to rear their ugly heads.
Canker sore mouthwash is the best remedy I’ve found for them. It’s simple and safe for kids as well as adults. When I’ve recognized I’m about to get a canker sore and I use this remedy (often just once), it usually prevents the sore from forming. Once the sore has formed, I follow the instructions for using this remedy below and generally the sore moves into the healing and vanishing phase within a day or two. It works this way for my son as well.
I use tinctures because that’s what I’ve got, but glycerites would work just as well in this blend. I usually add some vegetable glycerin to give it a slightly sweet flavor and to help buffer the harshness of the alcohol. If you’re using glycerites for one or more of your ingredients, you can eliminate the glycerin.
- 3 parts Sage tincture or glycerite
- 3 parts Lemon Balm tincture or glycerite
- 1 part Marshmallow tincture or glycerite
- 1 part vegetable glycerine (optional)
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups, spoons, or equipment
- 1 ounce amber or colored glass dosage bottle (with a lid and dropper)
- a amber or colored glass bottle with a secure lid for storing the excess (optional)
- a pen and a label
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a dosage bottle using the spatual and funnel to prevent spills and save every last drop. Pour any excess into a second, larger bottle for storage.
- Label the bottle.
Storage and Use
Three times a day, add 2 droppers of Canker and Cold Sore Remedy to 6 ounces of water. Swish the mixture over the affected area a lot and swallow. Continue using Canker and Cold Sore Remedy daily until the sore is completely gone.