My friend Barbara inspired me to devise this granola recipe after sampling her delicious batch right out of the oven. Both of us enjoy playing around with granola ingredients for different flavors. This recipe was my first big success. It is a perfect match with yogurt as a breakfast treat, but I often eat it straight out of the jar as a snack.
Grade B maple syrup is a little more expensive than other maple syrup types but the flavor and nutritional value is well worth the extra money.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup grade B maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix honey, maple syrup and oil in a small saucepan on the stove on medium/low heat until warm.
- Stir wet ingredients thoroughly with dry ingredients.
- Spread granola evenly on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes taking it out 3 or 4 times to stir the mixture to be certain it is thoroughly heated.
- Cool the finished granola before serving.
Storage and Use
This granola must be stored in an airtight container to prevent getting stale.