This recipe for Anti-Fungal Salve was formulated to combat a common skin fungus which is in the Tinea genus. Tinea fungal infections include ringworm, jock itch and Tinea versicolor. Used 4 times daily until the fungus is gone is the best practice. After there is no visible signs of the fungus, continue using it 2 times daily for another week to prevent an additional infection. Remember that this fungus genus is highly contagious. It is wise to improve your immune system during the season that you have normally had an outbreak to prevent further infections.
Anti-fungal salve is powerhouse medicine. Many know the anti-fungal properties of Tea Tree oil and Chaparral. Chamomile’s skin fungus fighting abilities are underutilized. This plant forms the lion’s share of this recipe and doubles as an all around antimicrobial. This recipe is based on weight, not volume, so you need a kitchen scale to make it properly. Use our salve making recipe for more complete instructions.
- 1 ounce grated Beeswax
- 3 ounces Chamomile oil
- 2 ounces Chaparral oil
- 9-10 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- a kitchen scale
- a spatula
- a turkey baster
- a double boiler
- a glass jar for containing oils during weight process
- a label
- enough small containers with lids to store finished product
- Gather the ingredients along with the equipment in a clean, well lit, work space.
- Pour the individual ingredients, except the beeswax and the essential oil, one at a time, into a clear measuring cup.
- Mix the ingredients carefully.
- Pour the oils into a double boiler and set it on medium low heat.
- When the oils are warm, carefully add the grated beeswax.
- Stir the mixture as the beeswax melts.
- After the beeswax has melted, remove the double boiler from heat and stir in the essential oil.
- Pour the mixture into a few salve containers and cap them securely.
- Label the containers with the name of the salve.
- Give your salve a one year expiration date as the oils will go rancid.
Storage and Use
Store your Anti-Fungal Salve containers in the medicine chest, your backpack, your glove compartment, or anywhere you may need a quick fix-me-up. This salve is for external use only.