St. John's WortResources
Saint John’s Wort pops up in the spring, just in time to start absorbing the growing solar rays. At Mid-summer, just when the Sun’s rays are the strongest, herbalists across the Western world harvest the flowering tops from this weedy herb.
Because St. John’s Wort is a terrific warming herb that helps ease seasonal depression, supports the detoxification processes of the liver, and helps ease aching muscles. Although depression treatment won St. John’s Wort fame more recently, healers have long tapped into the stored solar healing of this little flower to ease a wide variety of complaints.
Saint John’s Wort is used for:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Recovery after certain illnesses
- Aching and Strained muscles
- Arthritis and inflamed joints
Learn more about Saint John’s Wort in the garden, as an herbal remedy, and best harvest practices with these curated resources.
Practical Herbalist Articles
- Black Eye Treatment – Herbal First Aid
- Cherries with a Side Order of St. John’s Wort
- Medicinal Plants of the Mountain West St. Jby Michael Moore
- Caring for Strained or Tired Muscles with Saint John’s Wort
- Treating a Pinched Nerve Naturally with Herbs – Herbal First Aid
- St. John’s Wort: Antidepressant and Anxiety Herb